11/25/2004

So how was that again?




In all the hoo-ha fuss over the recent election, one vote map I remember seeing that struck me was one where the states were colored blue/red in a vertical stripe arrangement with the stripe width/area proportional to the vote in each state. It took me forever to track it down again (bookmark 'em when you see 'em people!), but I finally found it on the political blog Wonkette.

Now, please note that there are no "red states" or "blue states" - there's a healthy sprinkling of everybody everywhere. Even the most extreme states were maybe 60/40, which is a big victory in political terms, but hardly monolithic.

One thing to note: vertical red and blue stripes would still make for a horrible, I mean seriously nasty, dress or shirt. I'm sure Clinton and Stacy (or Trinny and Susannah) would agree...

Comments:
politics, eh? makes me feel like going and jumping in the turquoise bits sometimes...
 
politics, eh? makes me feel like going and jumping in the turquoise bits sometimes...
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?