9/18/2004



New car front...



and back...



...and the snappy custom blue & gray leather interior...

yes, this is my new baby. After 11 years of driving my 1993 Ford Explorer I finally decided I'd had enough what with the engine producing about 20 HP now. Spending a large sum of money refurbishing an 11 year old vehicle seemed a bit over the top, so it was off to the car dealers to see what's out there.

For the space, a Honda Pilot would have been probably the best option, but overall, I figured having some fun with a Subaru WRX was the better choice. I had to get the wagon for the space (but I like it better anyway) and with the custom leather interior and a kickass factory stereo (including a reasonable 150W subwoofer under the passenger seat) it's made commuting a lot more fun. With 227HP and a very light body, it goes when necessary.

Going from 20-60 mph takes roughly 3 milliseconds, which is very nice for merging into traffic. Since I live in a place where just to get out of my development I have to merge into traffic doing 60 in a 40 zone this seriously helps...

Pix taken by the ocean at Westport WA, on a youth group trip in August.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?